Friday, November 19, 2010

St. Mary's "Turkey Day" Lab 5

Reflection:



Today's lab i thought went a whole lot better than i was expecting. I honestly was so nervous to teach in front of the children in the gymnasium, thoughts that they were going to be out of control, or teaching the gymnasium group was going to be too overwhelming, were circling around in my head all day. Even though i have taught groups in the gymnasium in the past such as my elementary and secondary games class, it had felt as if it was my first time teaching a class. I was however surprised to find out that my game went smooth for the most part, the children liked the game and were much willing to participate, also to my surprise. I learned however a few things from this teaching experience in the gym, one was that i have to be a little bit louder when i speak to the children in the gym, i still haven't hit that peak yet, another thing i learned from this is that i should get more familiar with the kids names instead of just pointing to them, i should be able to call out their names if i want their attention. One more thing that i took from this experience was that i should utilize the chance to bring or provide visual aids as much as i can. I noticed that the use of visual aids had perked the kids up and grabbed a hold of their attention and increased their curiosity in the games that provided visual aids. All in all i had fun, and the experience went a lot smoother than i thought it was going to turn out. Like always i have fun participating with the children in different activities and games, and this week in lab was no different.   

No comments:

Post a Comment